What Sets Us ApartOver the past 25 years, we have built a solid reputation and a successful practice based on unwavering commitment to these core beliefs:
- Low-cost, passive investing strategies. We are intensely focused on applying the benefits of low-cost, passive investing as we manage our clients’ financial plans and investments. Our process is based on rigorous academic research by leading economists including recipients of the 1990 and 2013 Nobel Prize for Economics, confirmed by numerous studies, and validated by our experience over 25 years.
- Fiduciary standard of care. As a Registered Investment Advisory firm, we are bound by the fiduciary standard established in the Investment Advisor Act of 1940. As such, we are committed to always act in the best interest of our clients and to put their interests ahead of our own. As a fiduciary, we ensure that the advice we give is accurate, complete, and as thorough as possible. Ultimately, our primary responsibility is to provide clients with objective advice. To understand the importance of the fiduciary standard of care, see the article Choosing an Advisor: Fiduciary vs Suitability Standard.
- Flat Fee Schedules. For investors, controlling expenses—both the costs of investment vehicles and advisor fees—is key to your bottom-line performance. Efficiencies in our ClearPath Investing services allow us to offer a low-cost, flat fee structure, which is significantly less than average costs in the industry for similar investments. Moreover, you will see every trade, and all fees and costs are fully disclosed.
- Service levels customized to meet your needs. Instead of bundling services into a “one-size-fits-all” package, we offer three levels of Financial Planning and three levels of ClearPath Investing services from which you can choose what best fits your needs. And, you have the added benefit of only paying for the service level you select.
- Individualized service by a team dedicated to help you succeed. With True North Capital Alliance, you have direct access to a key staff in person, by phone, or online. We provide the tools you need to track your investments online both at the custodian’s website as well as True North’s web portal powered by Morningstar. We also provide easy-to-read quarterly reports and other online services.